Suitable for micro, small-to-medium sized businesses and nascent entrepreneurs assessing their business idea.
This is a 10-module programme which, if you follow the materials as designed, you should have written a first-draft of your business plan by the end of the programme. The course was designed by Dr. Ken Germaine and he has delivered it to hundreds of participants successfully. He has adapted the programme into a self-directed, online, video-led programme which you can do at your own pace. This course, when run in the classroom environment, is a 3-day full programme. The course covers:
- An introduction to the course and its methodology and tool kit.
- An introduction to entrepreneurship and self-employment (presentation).
- A review of your management plan and skills with a plan to strengthen them.
- A review of your operations and systems with a plan to strengthen them.
- An introduction to sales and marketing (presentation).
- Developing a sales and marketing strategy and plan for your business.
- Develop a one-year cash flow projection including estimation of traded income.
- Develop a year 1 income statement, estimate years 2 and 3 projections and review break-even sales.
- Develop an Executive Summary for the plan.
- Wrap-up and course conclusion.
The course usually runs for between 21 and 24 hours but you can do it at your own pace. You will also be given all the tools necessary to complete the business plan including a template word document that builds into your first-draft business plan, a master excel spreadsheet, an excel spreadsheet to estimate traded income, the ‘How to Write Your Own Budget’ workbook and a copy of Dr. Ken Germaine’s books ‘How to Write Your Own Business Plan’ and ‘Sales and Negotiating Skills for Entrepreneurs’ in pdf.
€1.00 for introductory period. Normal course costs €49.95.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 days
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes