In this 5 module programme you will be brought through the process of writing a project budget. Project budgets are very specifically designed for each particular project. The programme will start by:
- Explaining how to project figures.
- Define your main headings or work packages.
- Define the sub headings or actions covered under each main heading or work package.
- Allocate costs related to each action.
- Complete analysis of total costs involved in the project.
- Look at allocate these costs against partners or departments.
- Look at viability of project and ability of partners to make financial commitments.
- Examine how to finance a project.
- We will discuss grants and co-funding.
- Finally, we will draw conclusions and wrap up the programme.
When delivered in a class room environment this course lasts 1 full day or over 2 half-days.
The course is self directed and you can progress through the video and complete the course work at your own pace. All the templates to allow you complete your project budget are included. The course is delivered by Dr. Kenneth Germaine and is delivered by the use of video.
Cost for the course is €29.95.
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Module 1: Introduction to Programme
In this module Dr. Kenneth Germaine introduces you to the Write Your Own Project Budget Programme and explains how to use the programme and the course materials. Please see video:
Module 2: Projecting figures and defining key headings/work packages
In this section we start with building the framework of the project budget by defining the key headings or work packages that the project will have. These will then be inserted into the master project spreadsheet.
Module 3: Defining sub headings, actions and project costs
In this section we define the actions or activities to be delivered under each key heading or work package. We will then define the costs related to each action or activity and insert these into the master budget spreadsheet and this will build up into the master budget cost base.
Module 4: Allocating costs to partners/departments, financing the plan, grants and co-funding
Having completed the cost base for the project we now look at financing the plan, allocating costs to each partner or department and looking at the viability of the project and the partner's ability to hold their end of the finances up. We also look at ways to finance the plan, grants and co-funding.
Module 5: Conclusions and Wrap-up
Having completed the project budget how do you use it and who do you share it with. Programme course wrap-up.